Patents, trademarks and know-how cannot generate revenue for you through lack of action. Our transactional group attorneys can work with you to monetize your intellectual property. Whether licensing your IP for a royalty or selling it for a lump-sum payment, we can help you craft the transaction that puts a premium on profit and risk mitigation.
We also craft joint ventures, intellectual property assignments, software development agreements, sponsored research agreements, software escrows and technology transfer agreements. We are resourceful in a myriad of industries, so we are as comfortable with a medical device patent as we are with SaaS software code and documentary films.
Our comprehensive national practice has negotiated university-to-entrepreneur technology transfers, navigated intellectual property ownership rules developed in conjunction with government contracts and resolved IP ownership disputes before they become litigation. The firm regularly supports clients by providing:
- GDPR policies including management of subprocessors, consultants and confidentiality procedures
- Terms of service, privacy, and user policies as well as internal best practices on management and enforcement
- Support for purchases, licenses of copyrights, trademarks, patents, and other IP rights
- Defamation resolution
- E-commerce, website, and social media development and build-out
- Domain name disputes
- Trademark applications and infringement disputes