Mr. Nied focuses his practice on corporate and securities, mergers and acquisitions, debt and equity financings and intellectual property. His practice includes representing clients in matters relating to contracts, securities regulation, Blue Sky law, and private placements. Mr. Nied also has extensive experience handling transactions involving joint ventures, fund formation, licensing agreements, engineering services contracts, development and supply agreements.
He has also represented both lenders and borrowers in all aspects of HUD-insured loans, including acquisition and construction loans, refinancings and the TPA process. He has undertaken both individual loans from both the lender and borrower perspective as well as multi-property, multi-state portfolio loans.
- Troutman Sanders
- Morgan Lewis
Memberships and Affiliations
- Entrepreneurs Forum of Hampton Roads: Founder; Board of Directors 2002-present
- Hampton Roads Technology Council: Board of Directors – 2006 – 2011
- Modeling and Simulation Advisory Committee to the Virginia General Assembly Joint Commission on Technology and Science: Member 2006
- Hard Sciences Advisory Committee to the Virginia General Assembly Joint Commission on Technology and Science: Member 2003
- Entrepreneurial Excellence Award, Judge, 2009-present
- Start Norfolk: Mentor 2011, 2012
- Hospice and Palliative Care of Tidewater: Board of Directors – 2014 – present
- Community Relations Council, Board of Directors – 2016 – present
- Listed in Inside Business magazine’s “Top 40 Under 40”
- High Tech Leadership Award, Technology Hampton Roads, May 2012