We represent for-profit and not-for-profit skilled nursing facilities, assisted living facilities, independent living facilities, memory care and hospice owners and operators across the nation in a full spectrum of transactional activities. The transactional group attorneys at our firm match the tempo of our aggressive and experienced clients, as well as first-time acquirers or operators, to deliver strong results.
Our case representations also include:
- Acquisitions and sales of single and portfolios of bridge and permanent acquisition financing, including mezzanine financing, financing and refinancing of HUD-insured loans for individual facilities and multi-state portfolios
- Change of ownership advice
- Negotiating master leases and operations transfer agreements
- HUD loan assignment approvals
- Restructuring owner/operator organizations to minimize personal liability from property owners and individuals involved in facility operations
- Coordination of accounts receivable financing with existing facility/portfolio debt structure organizing in investment funds on behalf of promoters to acquire facilities and/or operations,
- Interfacing with HUD on our client’s behalf to resolve issues related to acquisitions, sales refinancing, and restructurings of long term care facilities, and the facilitation of workouts with lenders, property owners and operators.
We also have access to a broad network enabling the introduction of purchasers to sellers, operators to facility owners, and borrowers to lenders.
Long term care transactions are real-estate intensive. We have extensive know-how with the real estate aspect of long term care transactions. By combining our experience with a cadre of title, survey, environmental and property condition inspection providers, we can deliver an efficient, thorough and prompt closing.